Schneider Conext XW 865-1030-1 60A 150Vdc MPPT Charge Controller
Schneider Electric, XW-MPPT60-150 Charge Controller, 60A, 150VDC, 12/24/48VDC, built-in GFI, White, 865-1030-1
The Conext XW Solar Charge Controller (XW SCC) is a photovoltaic (PV) charge controller that monitors a PV array's electrical maximum power point to deliver the maximum available current for battery charging. The XW SCC controls battery voltage and outputs current during charging based on the amount of energy available from the PV array and the battery's state-of-charge.
The XW SCC can charge a lower voltage battery system from a higher voltage solar array and can be used with 12, 24, 36, 48, and 60-volt DC battery systems. The XW SCC will, for example, charge a 12-volt battery from 20 to 140-volt arrays. This gives installers the freedom to use longer wiring runs without sacrificing performance. The XW Solar Charge Controller can be used with Conext XW Hybrid Inverter/Chargers (in single or multi-unit configurations) or in other solar energy systems that include a solar charge controller.
A dynamic Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) algorithm is integrated into the XW SCC to optimize energy harvest from the PV array. The array's operating points are continuously adjusted by the MPPT to ensure that it remains at full capacity. Unlike some rival goods, it does not prevent energy harvesting from sweeping the list. This feature is useful in all light conditions, but particularly in areas with rapidly changing cloud cover and solar conditions.
- Standard features of the Solar Charge Controller include: Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) ensures that the maximum amount of available power is delivered from the PV array to the battery bank.
- PV ground-fault protection integrated
- A cooling fan is not needed because the design is ultra-reliable and convection-cooled. Without thermal derating, the large aluminum die-cast heatsink makes maximum output current up to 45°C.
- To boost device efficiency and battery life, choose from two or three-stage charging algorithms with manual equalization. Auxiliary production that can be customized
- Four buttons for setup and device control, as well as a two-line, 16-character liquid crystal display (LCD).
- Protection against input over-voltage and under-voltage, output over-current, and back-feed (reverse current) (warning and fault messages appear on LCD when the unit shuts down as a protective measure)
- When the output power and ambient temperature are both high, the over-temperature control and power derating are enabled.
- Battery Temperature Sensor (BTS) included automatically provides temperature-compensated battery charging
- Xanbus™-enabled network communications protocol (developed by Xantrex)
- Communicates settings and activity to other Xanbus™-enabled devices, such as the XW Hybrid Inverter/Charger, the XW System Control Panel (XW SCP), XW Automatic Generator Start (XW AGS), and other XW Solar Charge Controllers.