Morningstar TriStar TS-MPPT-45 45A 150Vdc MPPT Charge Controller
Morningstar, TriStar MPPT Charge Controller, 45A, 150VDC, 12/48VDC, with RTS, TS-MPPT-45
TriStar TS-MPPT-45 solar charge controller with TrakStar Technology from Morningstar is an innovative Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. When compared to other MPPT controllers, the system has the industry's highest peak performance of 99 percent and substantially less power loss.
The TriStar MPPT includes a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes PV energy harvest by rapidly locating the solar array peak power point and sweeping the entire I-V curve at an extremely fast rate. This is the first PV controller with on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and data logging for up to 200 days.
- Maximizes Energy Harvest - Other MPPT controllers have better peak power point monitoring than this one. The entire I-V curve is swept very easily. Multiple power points are recognized during shading or mixed PV arrays. Excellent results during sunrise and low levels of solar insolation.
- Extremely High Reliability - No cooling fans and strong thermal architecture. Electronic devices are less stressed and have a longer life due to parallel circuit design. There are no mechanical relays. Electronic defenses are broad, including PV short circuit protection. Inductors encased in epoxy and printed circuit boards with conformal coatings
- Highly Efficient - 99 % productivity at its best. Power losses are minimized thanks to a proprietary monitoring algorithm. Self-consumption is poor. Continuous full-power activity to 45°C without the need to de-rate. To reduce heat losses, pick electronic devices with higher ratings.
- Networking & Communications - Device management, data recording, and adjustability are all possible. Morningstar's MS View applications and the open standard MODBUS protocol are used. Meterbus is a system that allows compatible Morningstar products to communicate with one another. Connection to a personal computer via serial RS-232. EIA-485 is a standard that allows several devices on a bus to communicate with one another. Ethernet: a completely web-enabled gateway to a local network or the internet that allows you to access information in a web browser or send email or text messages.
- Metering and Data Logging - The TriStar meter and remote meter, both available as options, provide comprehensive operating data, alarms, and faults. The state of the device is shown by three LEDs. Data logging for up to 200 days through meters or communications ports.